When I inserted some breakpoints inÂ my code, the first one was almost all the time hit. However, when I tried to step through the code, it worked fine for a bout 3-6 steps. But then Visual Studio debugger decided that was enough, and just completed the code.
The good thing was, it forced me to write many unit test cases, but sometimes I really think it is nice to visually see the state of your objects, in the code.
I have spoken to colleagues, and tested with different combinations of Gallio, Testdriven.NET and Re-sharper enabled, as I thought they cased the problem. But the debugger just kept bugging me. I had actually given up finding a solution to this problem, thinking that Visual Studio 2010 would fix it.
So finally, in a complete other context, I stumbled upon this page:
And thought…. that title sounds interesting… I quickly moved to the KB article, and started to read. I thought, that sounds exactly as my problem.
With nothing to loose I installed the update, and started to test the debugger… until now it seems to work
- please note, I do not use the debugger that often as I write very reliable code